Property Description For This Accessible Beach House
This accessible beach house in Torquay caters for high-level accessibility needs and sleeps up to 12 guests.
Situated in the picturesque and thriving beachside town of Torquay, Victoria, the surfing capital of Australia and the start of the famous Great Ocean Road. This stylish home has been recently renovated to sleep 10-12 in 4 bedrooms with an optional front lounge conversion to a 5th bedroom. It boasts open plan living, high-end kitchen appliances, large outdoor covered deck leading to the sun-soaked garden, split system heating and cooling, Wi-Fi, and 50” smart TV.
Sit back and relax with all the modern features of a home in this beautiful beachside escape.
An Occupational Therapist specialising in home modifications led the design of the renovation of this accessible beach house with discreet accessible features. Catering for high accessibility needs, the property is wheelchair accessible throughout with widened doorways, a modern level entry ensuite bathroom, designer grab rails, and accessible appliances. A range of disability equipment is available including an in-built recessed single-track ceiling hoist and electric single adjustable bed.
This accessible beach house is a large entertainer designed for a relaxing getaway, close to beaches, shopping areas and the Torquay town centre. It caters for families and kids with a huge north-facing backyard garden, toys, cubby house, and mini-cricket pitch. Torquay is located 95 kilometres South West of Melbourne.
Summary of key accessible features for this Saltwater accessible beach house in Torquay:
- Accessible Toilet Seat
- Ceiling Hoist
- Electric Adjustable single Bed
- Fixed Grab Bars, Mobile Hoist
- On Site Disabled Parking
- Mobile shower commode,
- Over toilet frame,
- Over bed table
- Step-Free Access
- Step-Free Shower
- Beach Wheelchair hire nearby
- Specialist kitchen appliances for improved accessibility. slide & hide wall oven, pull-out drawer dishwasher
- The second bedroom (double bed) is located next to the main bedroom – close proximity for use as a carer bedroom.
- single foam pressure-relieving mattress
- overhead bed pole
- bedside rails
- mobile floor hoist
• 4 Bedrooms (plus a front lounge room conversion to a 5th)
• Sleeping 10-12 consisting of 1 queen (or single adjustable bed) with accessible ensuite, 1 queen, 1 double, 2 bunk beds (4 single beds), and 1 queen sofa bed
• A/C and heating split systems throughout
• Ensuite & main bathroom (with bath)
• Open-plan kitchen, dining & family room that stretches out to a north-facing deck and garden
• Formal living room with piano
• Large deck with BBQ and 8 seat table perfect for entertaining on a summers evening
• Laundry with dryer
• 2 LCD TV’s (living & main bedroom)
• Dishwasher, microwave
• Hairdryer, iron
• Children’s toys, games, cubby house, sandpit
• Towels & linen provided
• Pets – No
Activities at this Accessible Beach House
Situated on the doorstep of the Great Ocean Road, Torquay and the surrounding areas offer many enjoyable activities and experiences. Read more on the gorgeous Great Ocean Road HERE.
Accessible activities and attractions in the area include –
• Accessible playgrounds, nature reserves and parks in and around Torquay
• The Surf Coast Walk, running 44km from Point Impossible to Fairhaven, has many sections that can be easily accessed by people of all abilities
• All-terrain and beach wheelchairs can be hired for free from the Surf Coast Shire Council so people with a disability can enjoy the beaches, oceans and trails. Details are as follows:
Go Ride a Wave (1/15 Bell Street, Torquay) 1300 132 441 – Sandcruiser beach wheelchair (free hire)
Surf Coast Sport and Recreation Centre, 03 5261 4606 – trail rider all-terrain wheelchair (free hire)
• The Disabled Surfers Association (Ocean Grove) offers an inclusive experience for all people with any disability to experience the rush of riding a wave. They have world-class beach facilities that help make your experience as inclusive as possible. Click HERE for more.
• Great Ocean Air offers private flights and tours from Barwon Heads Airport. Their plane has ramps available and a wide side door to allow full accessibility.
• Enjoy a visit to the Great Ocean Road Chocolaterie, wheelchair accessible, to watch the Chocolatiers at work and sample the yummy chocolate!
Local taxi services offer wheelchair accessible taxis and V/Line coach services (some services are wheelchair accessible) run daily between Geelong and Apollo Bay through Surf Coast townships along the Great Ocean Road.
Not quite what you are after?
That’s ok, Explore our range of listings HERE. A range of holiday Accessible accommodation around Australia. From holiday houses, retreats, cabins, houseboats, farm stays resorts, hotels, motels B&B’s and more.
Be inspired by holiday ideas:
Pet-Friendly Accessible Accommodation: CLICK HERE
Holiday Accommodation options with Beach Wheelchair Hire nearby: CLICK HERE
Holiday Accommodation options with Accessible Swimming Pools nearby: CLICK HERE